Income assistance problems – Other help

OW and ODSP telephone line

Use the “Interactive Voice Response” telephone line, 1-800-808-2268, to get your case status, payment details, overpayment balances and general information about Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability (ODSP). You can also use it to report income.

See their reference guide on how to use the system.


Provincial Programs

You can complain to your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) about problems with the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW) and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB).  The Ontario Ombudsman also looks into complaints about ODSP, OW and WSIB.

Federal Programs

You can complain to your federal Member of Parliament (MP) about problems with the Canada Child Benefit, Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, Guaranteed Income Supplement or Disability Tax Credit:

Our local MPPs and MPPs

For links to the MPPs and MPs in our service area, see our “Write to your MP or MPP” page.

Financial assistance and food banks

Counselling Services

  • Hope Dream Recover: crisis line, access to counselling services, open 24/7, 613-310-OPEN (6736)
  • Resolve Counselling Services: offers individual and family counselling and community services, as well as credit counselling 1-800-379-5556.

Disability Tax Credit – What it is and how to apply

See our Disability Tax Credit Tip Sheet for more information.

ServiceCanada – Benefits for Indigenous people

ServiceCanada has information about benefits and programs for Indigenous people, including education and training, income assistance and more.