Income assistance problems – Other help
OW and ODSP telephone line
Use the “Interactive Voice Response” telephone line, 1-800-808-2268, to get your case status, payment details, overpayment balances and general information about Ontario Works (OW) and Ontario Disability (ODSP). You can also use it to report income.
See their reference guide on how to use the system.
You can complain to your Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP) about problems with Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW) and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB):
The Ontario Ombudsman also looks into complaints about ODSP, OW and WSIB.
You can complain to your federal Member of Parliament about problems with the Canada Child Benefit, Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, Guaranteed Income Supplement or Disability Tax Credit:
Financial assistance and food banks
- Emergency Financial Resources: Need Help to Pay the Rent?
- Hastings County Community Services Guide (2020 edition)
- Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health Food Access Guides
- Lennox & Addington Social Services’ “Other support” page (including emergency support)
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Trenton Food Bank
- Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte – Food resource centre
- Hope Dream Recover: crisis line, access to counselling services, open 24/7, 613-310-OPEN (6736)
- Resolve Counselling Services: offers individual and family counselling and community services, as well as credit counselling 1-800-379-5556.
Disability Tax Credit – What it is and how to apply
See our Disability Tax Credit Tip Sheet for more information.
ServiceCanada – Benefits for Indigenous people
ServiceCanada has information about benefits and programs for Indigenous people, including education and training, income assistance and more.