Working at CALC
If you are interested in working at our clinic, please check this page regularly. We are an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population of Ontario. Please note that we usually post opportunities on Legal Aid Ontario’s website, Canadian law schools, community colleges with paralegal programs, CareerEdge and Indeed (via CareerEdge) as well as our CALC Twitter and Facebook pages.
Current employment opportunities
Legal Intake Worker/Triage Worker
Our community-based non-profit legal clinic is seeking a highly motivated and capable individual to provide high quality intake, triage and legal support.
Suitable candidates will have most of the following:
- Experience or education as a legal assistant, law clerk, social service worker or equivalent
- Proven high level of digital and computer literacy
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment
- Reasonable degree of legal literacy and human rights awareness
- Ability to provide client-centred services with a culturally competent lens and trauma-informed approach
- Demonstrated capacity to work with people facing challenging circumstances
- Empathy for vulnerable clients living on a low income
- Strong capacity for problem solving and taking initiative
- Proven leadership qualities
The successful candidate will be responsible as a member of our intake team for helping people who contact us by phone, digitally, and in-person at our main office in Belleville, triaging their needs, providing legal information, referrals and connecting them to our lawyers and community legal workers at our fast-paced professional office. They will also provide legal support our clinic staff, as needed.
This is a full-time permanent position. Salary is commensurate with responsibility and experience. To apply, please email your resume and covering letter no later than November 3, explaining why you are interested in joining our team. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please also supply the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population of Ontario.