Helping our local community
A crucial part of CALC’s mandate is to provide community development and community capacity building assistance.
CALC staff provide many different kinds of help. We:
- speak to community groups and organizations on legal and justice issues, as well as our services
- develop and distribute legal education materials to help build legal literacy
- organize workshops and conferences on legal and justice topics
- build strong relationships with community partners to increase the impact and reach of our services
- engage in participatory action research with community partners to create change on issues of concern
- help build community capacity around shared goals and empower vulnerable communities.
The kind of work we do varies from year to year depending on priorities set by our community-elected Board of Directors. If you are interested in any of our community development work over the past 4 decades, read our clinic history, newsletters or annual reports.
If you would like more information, to ask for help, or to suggest a special project, please contact us.