Income assistance problems – Ontario Works
Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) has free pamphlets on income assistance.
Steps to Justice is a website that gives you step-by-step information on everyday legal problems.
How to apply for Ontario Works
Ontario Works’ local offices where you can apply:
- Hastings County Community and Human Services
- Prince Edward – Lennox and Addington Social Services
- Tyendinaga Social Services
The Ministry of Community and Social Services’ Ontario Works page has the latest news about Ontario Works, including:
- how to apply
- frequently asked questions
- policy directives (these apply to most of the decisions made about benefits and rights)
Information about current rates
- Ontario Works Income Support Policy Directives:
- Income Security and Advocacy Centre, rates page
How to appeal an OW decision
The Social Benefits Tribunal hears appeals by people who disagree with a decision that affects the amount of or their eligibility for Ontario Works. Their website has information about the appeal and hearing process and the forms you need.
See our tip sheet on Appealing to the Social Benefits Tribunal.
Social Assistance News
See our News page for an important update on social assistance, effective November 2019.