Are you experiencing domestic violence?

Legal Rights Handbook: Do you know a woman who is being abused?

Emergency shelters, crisis help, and counselling

Addictions and Mental Health Support: 310-OPEN (310-6736) – 24/7 information, support and referral to all mental health and addictions services in Hastings & Prince Edward Counties in Ontario, Canada

Counselling Referral Resources – resources in Ontario and locally, or visit Ontario Counselling Finder

Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Response Program (DV/SARP) at Quinte Health Care: consists of a team of specially trained nurses that responds 24/7 to all 4 QHC hospital sites (Belleville, Trenton, North Hastings and Picton)

Quinte Health Care Crisis Intervention: 1-888-757-7766, 24 hours. The Deaf can call Bell Relay Service at 711. is an online resource. It is a one-stop connection for women seeking shelter from domestic abuse.

Talk4Healing: 1-855-554-HEAL – 24/7, talk/text, free, culturally safe help line for Indigenous women in northern Ontario. Their website has an online chat as well.

Sexual Assault Centre Quinte & District: 1-877-544-6424, 24 hour crisis line, (TTY users call Bell relay at 1-800-268-9242), free counselling for female and male survivors of historical sexual abuse or recent sexual assault.

Sexual Assault Centre Kingston: 1-877-544-6424, 24 hour crisis line, provides free, confidential, counselling to female survivors of sexual violence in Lennox & Addington County and Kingston.

Shelters in our area:


Maggie’s Resource Centre: 613-332-3010


Three Oaks Foundation: 613-966-3074 or 1-800-267-0533
Serves all of Hastings and Prince Edward County.

Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory

Red Cedars Shelter: 613-967-2003 or 1-800-672-9515
This shelter serves both Indigenous and non-Indigenous women.


Lennox & Addington Interval House: 613-354-1010 or 1-800-667-1010


Alternatives for Women: 613-476-2787 or 1-877-499-6636

Family Court Support Worker

If you are a woman who is experiencing domestic violence and in the process of going through the family court system, you can get free help from a family court support worker.  See this infographic from Legal Aid Ontario.

You can find a service provider in your community by visiting the Ministry of the Attorney General’s Family Court Support Worker Program page.

If you have questions or need help finding your service provider, please call the Victim Support Line, toll-free, at 1-888-579-2888.

SafePet Program

Volunteer pet foster parents from across the province offer to take in pets that belong to women who are residents of Violence Against Women shelters. Volunteer veterinarians help by being a neutral location where the pet owner can drop off their pet before staying in a Violence Against Women shelter. Pet foster parents pick the pet up after the veterinarian has completed an exam and any needed vaccinations.  If you’re a woman seeking safety, call a local women’s shelter to inquire about participation. Keep in mind that not all shelters or communities offer this service.

See the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association website for more details and links to other programs.

Elder abuse

See our Abuse and Family Violence page for help with elder abuse.

Steps to Justice has more information about Domestic Violence: