Workplace Safety & Insurance Board problems – Other help

Other sources of legal advice

The Office of the Worker Advisor gives free services to non-unionized injured workers and their survivors in workplace insurance matters.

The Industrial Accident Victims Group of Ontario (IAVGO) gives free services to injured workers in Ontario including legal advice and legal representation. Call them if you live outside our service area and your local legal clinic does not handle WSIB claims.

Injured Workers Community Legal Clinic is a community legal clinic in Toronto that gives legal advice and representation to injured workers.

Workers’ Health and Safety Legal Clinic is a community legal clinic in Toronto that gives free legal services to workers in Ontario without a union who have employment and/or health and safety issues, such as being terminated or punished for raising health and safety issues.

Law Society Referral Service (LSRS) offers a 30-minute, free consultation with a lawyer or paralegal either by phone or in person. It does not provide legal advice during the consultation or second opinions and fees should be discussed with the lawyer or paralegal. If you have an urgent matter or do not have access to internet you can call 1-855-947-5255 or email

Local help

The Workers Help Centre helps employees with employment issues, including Employment Insurance and WSIB claims.

158 George Street, Lower level

Call 613-969-4357 for an appointment.

Are you a unionized employee?

If you are a member of a union, ask them for help with your WSIB claim.

Income assistance

You can find more information on other income assistance problems here.