COVID-19: Local Information and Resources
CALC is available to help you by phone or email during regular business hours. CALC staff are seeing clients by appointment in the Belleville office only. An appointment is not needed however if someone needs our help and does not have a phone or internet access. COVID screening and mask wearing are still in effect for all visitors.
Here are some key links to resources in our service area for COVID-19:
COVID-19 website by Todd Smith, MPP, Bay of Quinte – for Bay of Quinte residents and business operators – one-stop online support directory, providing up-to-date, comprehensive information about COVID-19 assistance offered by the provincial and federal governments – you can also sign up for email updates
Database of Community Services – from Volunteer Information Quinte – search for information on food programs, counselling services, transportation, etc.
Find Support During COVID-19 – enter your postal code to find supports in your area, from the Ontario Community Support Association
Free wifi internet access from Shaw – look for the Shaw Go network on your device, you can connect without a login or Shaw ID
- Free wifi is also available in the parking lots of local public libraries.
- Quinte West libraries offer free wifi and computer access
- Downtown Trenton now has free public wifi
Local help for filing income tax:
- Napanee: Lennox & Addington Seniors Outreach Services – drop off, 613-354-6668, Ext 110
- Prince Edward County:
- Tweed: Gateway Community Health Centre – call for appointment, 613-478-1906, Ext 254
Local COVID-19 updates by cities/towns in our service area:
- Amherstview/Loyalist Township
- Bancroft: “Who To Call” list, Bancroft Family Health Team,
- Belleville: Lunch Program
- Deseronto: Meals on Wheels to Seniors M-W-F from CCSH (only $3.00 for Deseronto residents, also grocery shopping/delivery service available for seniors in Deseronto or Tyendinaga Township)
- Madoc Township
- Prince Edward County: PEC Helpline; Services from Community Care for Seniors 613-476-7493; Prince Edward Family Health Team and COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Quinte West: QW Community Resources
Local Mental Health Resources
Addictions and Mental Health Services, Hastings Prince Edward – local pandemic hotline is now closed.
If you need help, call: