COVID-19: Local Information and Resources
CALC is available to help you by phone or email ONLY, during regular business hours. Please continue to contact us for help with your legal problem. However, until further notice, you cannot visit our office and we cannot see you in person.
Here are some key links to resources in our service area for COVID-19:
COVID-19 website by Todd Smith, MPP, Bay of Quinte – for Bay of Quinte residents and business operators – one-stop online support directory, providing up-to-date, comprehensive information about COVID-19 assistance offered by the provincial and federal governments – you can also sign up for email updates
Daryl Kramp, MPP, Hastings-Lennox & Addington – some info on his main website
COVID-19 Database of Community Services – from Volunteer Information Quinte – search for information on food programs, counselling services, transportation, etc.
Find Support During COVID-19 – enter your postal code to find supports in your area, from the Ontario Community Support Association
Free wifi internet access from Shaw – look for the Shaw Go network on your device, you can connect without a login or Shaw ID
- Free wifi is also available in the parking lots of local public libraries.
- Quinte West libraries offer free wifi and computer access
- Downtown Trenton now has free public wifi
Local help for filing income tax:
- Madoc: Centre Hastings Support Network – by drop off, call 613-473-5255 for more information
- Napanee: Morningstar Mission – call 613-354-6355
- Prince Edward County – Prince Edward Learning Centre – call Ellis at 613-476-1811, ext 4 or email email@example.com
Local COVID-19 updates by cities/towns in our service area:
- Amherstview/Loyalist Township
- Bancroft: Bancroft Help, “Who To Call” list, Bancroft Family Health Team,
- Belleville: Lunch Program
- Deseronto: Meals on Wheels to Seniors M-W-F from CCSH (only $3.00 for Deseronto residents, also grocery shopping/delivery service available for seniors in Deseronto or Tyendinaga Township)
- Madoc Township
- Prince Edward County: PEC Helpline; Services from Community Care for Seniors 613-476-7493; Prince Edward Family Health Team and COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Quinte West: QW Community Resources
Local Mental Health Resources
Addictions and Mental Health Services, Hastings Prince Edward – local pandemic hotline is now closed.
If you need help, call: