Christmas Assistance Programs in Prince Edward County
- The Salvation Army – (613-476-3159) Registration ends December 10 for your Christmas hamper and children’s gifts (16 and under). Please call Mon-Fri 9-4 to complete registration. Pick up by appointment only.
- Picton United Church County Food Bank – (613-476-8516) Register now for your Christmas hamper Fridays from 9:00am-11:30am. Food will be provided over four consecutive Fridays starting November 27 and on Monday December 21. No gifts/household items.
- The Children’s Foundation Angel Tree Campaign – Registration begins November 12. Please complete registration online if possible http://thechildrensfoundation.ca or call 613-921-5437 to register for your Christmas hamper and children’s gifts (age 16 and under). Pick up will be by appointment only.
- Wellington & District Storehouse Food Bank – (613-849-7403) Register by December 9 for gifts and for your Christmas hamper. December 16 is the day the hampers and gifts will be distributed by appointment only.
*Please register at only one of the above programs
*Identification and income verification may be required
Christmas Food Outlets:
- Food Depot at Picton Town Hall: Dec 18 and Jan 8 from 11-2 (call the Help Link to place your order)
- Christmas Farmers Market at Picton Town Hall: Dec 12 from 10-2
- Good Food Market at PELC: open each Wednesday, 4:30-6:30 pm including Dec 23 & Dec 30
- Picton Food Bank: closed Dec 22 to Jan 7
- Wellington Storehouse: closed Dec 17 to Jan 5
County COVID help line: 1-833-676-2148 – if you are in need of food, call at least 2 days in advance to order a food box from the County Food Depot. Pick up Dec 4, Dec 18 from 11-2 old fire hall – 2 Ross St., Picton. (Delivery can also be arranged.)