Local lawyers and paralegals
Local lawyers and paralegals play an important role in linking their clients living on a low income to good sources of legal information and help.
In our local area, we’ve been working with local lawyers to create relationships and to feel comfortable identifying other legal problems their client may have in addition to the ones they are working on and to make good referrals to us for additional legal help.
Here are some of the ways we can help you. We have:
- a service provider hotline if you need to find answers to questions to help a client
- a legal health awareness poster than you can display in your office
- a semi-annual newsletter Bafflegab you can receive by mail or email
- tip sheets for lawyers with low-income clients:
We can also help:
- link to CLEO, our sister clinic, that can provide you with a display rack and pamphlets about legal rights
- link to to CLEO’s Steps to Justice website that gives reliable, practical legal information
- maintain a website for the Hastings County Law Association (HCLA) which has a searchable list of lawyers in the HCLA for their clients and links to CALC
These are some of the ways that you can help us:
- refer your clients to us as soon as you notice they have a problem we might be able to help with
- place our information card and Steps to Justice bookmarks and posters in a visible place
- use our referral form to refer your clients to us