Community service agency staff
Community service agencies play an important role in linking people they are helping to good sources of legal information and help.
In our local area, we’ve been working with community service agencies to help them learn to identify legal problems and make good referrals to us for legal help.
Here are some of the ways we can help you. We have:
- a service provider hotline if you need to find answers to questions to help a client
- a legal health awareness poster that you can display in your organization
- a semi-annual newsletter Bafflegab you can receive by mail or email
- interpreters for those who are Deaf or whose first language is not English
- links to CLEO, our sister clinic, that can provide you with a display rack and pamphlets about legal rights
- links to CLEO’s Steps to Justice website which has reliable, practical legal information
These are some of the ways that you can help us. You can:
- refer your clients to us as soon as you notice they have a problem we might be able to help with
- help your clients find legal information on our website by putting a shortcut to our site on any public computer’s desktop
- display our information card with other community resource information
- invite us to present legal information workshops to your staff or clients
- put Steps to Justice bookmarks and posters in a visible place