We provide information, advice, and representation in specific areas of law.  For areas where we cannot assist we will provide referrals to the appropriate agency.  (See the the grey box on the left of this page for referrals and links on the issues listed.)

For areas of law we do not cover, you may wish to contact:

Legal Aid Ontario:


If you live outside of our three county area, visit the Legal Aid website to can find a legal aid office or legal clinic in your area.  If there is no Legal Aid office in your area, call their Client Service Centre at 1-800-668-8258.


Law Society Referral Service:  


Consultation with a private bar lawyer or licenced paralegal for up to 30 minutes for free, to help you determine your rights and options.  The service is not designed to provide legal advice or second opinions, and any fees should be discussed with the lawyer or paralegal.  This is on online service, where you must fill out an online form requesting a referral to a lawyer.  If you do not have access to the internet or you are in crisis, you may call them toll free at 1-855-947-5255.


Read the Law Society of Upper Canada's public legal education guide "Handling everyday legal problems: Information to help you make good choices."

For legal information and links on areas of law we do cover:

Please visit our Legal Information page.

Community Resources

For referrals to other community resources call 211 or visit


If you live in Hastings or Prince Edward County, see the Service Referral Guide by Function, produced by the Hastings and Prince Edward County Children and Youth Services Network.  It provides referrals for basic needs, employment, education, legal, health, safety and protection, parenting reports, etc.

Community Bus Routes and Schedule Information:

More information on obtaining legal help from Your Legal Rights: