Building strong relationships
We believe in building strong co-operative relationships with other service providers and community organizations.
- participate in the Poverty Roundtable
- develop health and justice partnerships
- participate in the local domestic violence service coordination network
- belong to several inter-agency and service coordination groups
- meet several times a year with social services departments and the Ministry of Community and Social Services to build healthy working relationships and resolve any conflicts and issues expeditiously and creatively
- provide legal information sessions for agency staff
- participate on boards of local non-profits aligned with our mission and mandate
Collaboration with Local Libraries
We work closely with local public libraries to increase legal literacy and access to legal information, with Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) and the Hastings County Law Association Library (HCLA).
Find out more about this collaboration on our Librarians page.
Links for more information:
- Quinte Region Libraries Legal Information Training Partnership flyer
- PLE Learning Exchange page on libraries and justice
- Presentation on Libraries and Justice at the Ontario Community Legal Clinics’ Eastern Region Spring Conference