Legal Information - Employment - Links

Government Sites:


Ministry of Labour - Home page of the Ontario Ministry of Labour.  Also found on the Ministry site:

Work Smart Ontario - Official website of Ontario Ministry of Labour for young workers and new workers

Pardons (Record Suspensions)


Information on the Pardons Program (now called Record Suspensions) - If your past criminal record is preventing you from getting a job, you can request a Record Suspension.  The Records Suspension program allows people to have their criminal record kept separate and apart from other criminal records. Read the Fact Sheet for more details. 


Get a Record Suspension Application and Guide on the Parole Board of Canada website or request one by calling the Record Suspension Information Line at 1-800-874-2652.


John Howard Society (Belleville) - assists with pardon applications - 613-968-6628 - see their brochure on Record Suspensions and Waivers


Fees have increased significantly for applying for a Record Suspension.  (There are also changes to eligibility.) If you need help with these fees and are on social assistance, check with your local Ontario Works office to see if they will pay these fees.  Some offices also hold workshops to help you with the application itself.

Other Sites:

March of Dimes - Employment Services for Clients - for job seekers, employees, and union representatives looking for information about making workplaces more accessible and inclusive


Law Commission of Ontario - December 2012 Final Report on Vulnerable Workers and Precarious Work


Your Legal Rights - Employment and Work Page

Pro Bono Ontario - provides legal advice related to any work-related issue in a non-unionized workplace, using a province wide, toll-free advice line - complete the online application form to apply


Webinar:  Bill 168 - Ontario's New Legislation on Harassment and Violence in the Workplace - Zahra Dhanani, the Legal Director for the Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children (METRAC), looks at Bill 168, which came into force June 2010.


Workers Action Centre - worker-based organization committed to improving the lives and working conditions of people in low-wage and unstable employment - they provide a number of fact sheets (in different languages) on their site


Workers Help Centre - Located at 158 George Street, Basement, in Belleville, open to unionzied and non-unionized employees requiring assistance with any number of employment issues including EI or WSIB claims.  Call 613-969-4357.  Open Mon - Thu 11 am - 3 pm.



Latest Employment Resources from Your Legal Rights




Information for Workers:

The Law 

  The Law










Read the latest in Employment News.

Read our Employment Rights Blog.