Income assistance problems – Public pensions

Are you having problems with your Canada Pension Plan Retirement (CPPR), Old Age Pension (OAS) or Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)?  Contact us to find out about your legal rights.

Canada Pension Plan Retirement

If you contributed to the Canada Pension Plan while you were working, you can choose to receive a pension as early as age 60 or as late as age 70, based on your contributions and when you choose to begin to receive benefits.  Find out more about the Canada Pension Plan on the Government of Canada website, including current rates.

Old Age Security Pension

This is a benefit available to seniors aged 65 or older who meet the Canadian legal status and residency requirements.  Find out more about the Old Age Pension on the Government of Canada website, including current rates.

Guaranteed Income Supplement

This is a benefit you may qualify for if you are receiving Old Age Security but your annual income is lower than the maximum annual threshold. Eligibility for GIS is reviewed every year, but if you qualify you will be automatically renewed.  Read more about the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) on the Government of Canada website.