Employment and work – More legal information
Our tip sheets
CALC offers a number of employment-related tip sheets, on a variety of employment issues:
Trouble finding work due to a criminal record
A criminal record check will not show convictions for which there has been a record suspension. See our tip sheet on criminal records and employment for information on how to get a record suspension.
Read our tip sheet about what to keep in mind before signing a pre-employment contract.
Sexual harassment at work
Read our tip sheet on sexual harassment in the workplace for what to do if you are being sexually harassed at work.
Human rights at work
Lost your job?
See our page on Employment Insurance for more information.
More sources of legal information
The Workers Action Centre is a worker-based organization committed to improving the lives and working conditions of people in low-wage and unstable employment. They provide a number of fact sheets (in different languages).
- Employment Standards – information on employee rights
- How to file a claim - step-by-step guide to filing a claim
- What you should know about The Ontario Employment Standards Act – this must be posted at most workplaces
- Are you covered by the Employment Standards Act (ESA)?
- Guide to the ESA
- Minimum Wage - information on current rates
- Temporary Help Agency Assignment Workers - OHS rights