JHP Legal links
The Steps to Justice website provides reliable and practical legal information to help people in Ontario understand and exercise their legal rights. Written by lawyers and plain language editors, it gives:
- step-by-step information to help people work through their legal problems
- practical tools, such as checklists, fillable forms, and self-help guides
- referral information for legal and social services across Ontario
- live chat and email support if people can’t find the answers to their questions
Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) provides clear, accurate and practical legal education and information to help people understand and exercise their legal rights on a range of topics. Information is available FREE, online and in print.
Legal Aid Ontario provides legal assistance for people living on a low income in Ontario through the following services:
- providing duty counsel at family, criminal or youth court
- giving summary legal advice (family or criminal law) by telephone or in person at Family or Criminal Law Information Centres
- a certificate program for the most serious and complex cases - eligible clients can obtain a certificate which is used to retain a private lawyer.